Thursday, July 27, 2017

Week 52: ONE YEAR.

How crazy!!!!

I seriously can´t believe that in two days I´ll have been in the mission, in Mexico, waking up at 6:30 and going to bed at 10:30, talking with EVERYONE, for ONE YEAR!!! The time literally FLIES. I just got a message that I have to go to immigration tomorrow so that I can renew my green card! Ah! 

This week was really awesome. We´ve been visitng O, and it´s super awesome because this Friday there was a Young Single Adult dance and so some of the YSAs from the ward invited O to go, and he loved it!!! Yay for friendshipping in the church!!

We ate with a really nice family this Sunday, that we don´t know super well. But as we were sharing the message, I feel like we were able to really gain their confidence. and they gave us the names of three family members and their families that they want us to visit! It was like......"AHHHHH!!!!!" we were pretty excited.

This week I´ve been studying the sacrament a lot, but studying that this week also included reading about His death, and His resurrection. It was pretty incredible reading the three different accounts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, and then just thinking about how EVERYTHING He did was for love. We can really overcome any sadness, any trial, anything thanks to Him. I will forever love Alma 7, when it talks about Him taking upon Him our sicknesses. I was also reading about how the Savior can heal anything. It talked about a Japanese man that had to deal with a lot of racism because of WW2, but that as he shared his testimony of our Savior, he was able to help other people see that hate is NOT the answer. I liked a quote from Pres. Monson: "Mother Teresa spoke this profound truth: "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." The Savior admonished, "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." I ask, can we love one another, as the Savior commanded, if we judge each other? And I answer, with Mother Teresa: No, we cannot." Love is so important! Charity, the pure love of Christ, is so powerful.

Love you all lots!

Hermana Owens

A girl from the Grijalva! [Her first area.]
She´s the girlfriend of a guy in this ward! 

The Tuxtla night skyline :D


No comments:

Post a Comment