Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Week 49: I still don´t have a new camera....but next week! :D

[We’ve been noticing for a while that all her pictures are out of focus, so we have been begging her every week to get a new camera!]

Hola!

I didn´t notice how bad the pictures were until I saw a bigger image the last week. They´re more or less clear when I´m looking at them in the camera, but they´re obviously REALLY not in focus when they´re big. I will buy a new camera next week. And it´s not that I don´t WANT to or that I don´t want good photos, it´s just that there´s no TIME!!!! NONE AT ALL!!! But it´s okay. We´re going to hope for good pictures next week.

Presidente George left this Friday, and that very same day President Doman [the new Mission President] came to get to know all the missionaries here! He had two conferences Friday, to get to know the missionaries here in Tuxtla and in Comitán, and then two conferences Saturday, to get to know the missionaries from Tapachula and Chauhites. He´s COMPLETELY different from Pres George. Pres George was very calm, a very, well, CALM person. But Pres Doman is like, "YEAH let´s go to WORK!" It´s a little different but I´m also really excited to learn from him! I guess the football coach is coming out... Also, his wife is like that, too. I think she´s even more enthusiastic than him!

So, my companion! She´s Hna Hernandez, from Hidalgo!!! [Hidalgo is just north of Mexico City.] It´s pretty awesome working with her, because she´s way more prepared for the mission than I was! Like, she already knows about a lot of the things we do as missionaries, it's more just explaining ways to teach, ways to contact, etc. It´s pretty fun working with her :) It´s funny, because Hna Gutierrez, my last companion, is training the companion from the CCM [Missionary Training Center] of my companion. (I feel like I didn´t explain that very well. Hna Gutierrez and I were companions. Hna Hernandez and Hna Moreno were companions. Now Hernandez and Owens are companions, and Moreno and Gutierrez are companions.)

All of the companions! The great cambio!
Opening the area is pretty crazy. Our area is HUGE. It has about 8 different colonies (like, suburb areas? I´m not exactly sure how to define how big they are but they´re big, and 8 of them is a LOT).

The house en la salle
The view from our house in Tuxtla!
This week I´ve been really trying to listen to the Spirit even MORE because it´s a little crazy opening an area, and it´s pretty awesome! We´ve found a family that we´re going to be teaching. I´m most excited to work here because we have the most incredible mission leader here. [Each congregation has someone who is assigned to work with the missionaries.] He was baptized three years ago but he has a HUGE desire to do everything really really well. We´re working hard with his son right now to help him get baptized.

Love you all lots! Pray for us so that I have time to buy a camera to send nice pictures!

Hermana Owens


 "What comes from the heart is worth gold
and tastes like chocolate."
We ate with an hermana this week that has a fruit bouquet store.
We enjoyed eating there a lot :D

No comments:

Post a Comment